What Is Impact Hub Baltimore?
Impact Hub is part innovation lab, part coworking space, part civic forum. Our members are a vibrant, diverse and growing community of innovators and entrepreneurs dedicated to driving positive change in Baltimore and beyond. We provide an inclusive, inspiring, and functional space that connects our members to the ideas, resources, and people they need to make tangible social impact. We also serve as a gathering place for the global movement towards stronger cities and a new economy.
- Education + Youth
- Social Justice
- Health + Wellness
- Arts + Design
- Community Development + Housing
- City Planning + Transit
- Workforce + Economic Opportunity
- Green + Sustainability
Founding Members and Supporters
Impact Hub Baltimore has been created collectively by an extraordinary group of founding members and supporters across the city. Their commitment, energy, and investment has been integral to realizing this vision for a more connected and collaborative Baltimore.
Our Funders & Founding Investors
What started, in 2005, as a gathering place for impact pioneers in London, has grown to a community of more than 15,000 professional members in 80+ physical spaces worldwide. This growing community utilizes the power of entrepreneurship, collaboration and network effects to generate and advance innovative approaches to both local and global social and environmental challenges. The Impact Hub network is a global force for the new economy. We invite you to explore our network in DC, New York, Boston, Oakland, San Francisco, Seattle, Amsterdam, Madrid, Johannesburg, and dozens of cities across the globe.
Learn more about Impact Hub Global
Meet the Founders
The Impact Hub Baltimore team has been delivering innovative programming for positive change since 2012 as “SocEnt Baltimore”. Convinced that complex challenges demand collaborative solutions, the team joined the global Impact Hub network in 2014 to create a place for the city’s creative changemakers to grow, connect, and thrive.
Program design and strategy advisor; champion for cross-sector exchange and collaboration. Community Design Lab & 34E25 co-founder. Masters in Public Health.
Business & Operations Director
Real estate advisor; champion for social enterprise and community-led urban development. SocEnt Breakfast & 34E25 co-founder. Masters in Real Estate.
Thought leader in social innovation and investment; champion for inclusion and transformative systems change. SocEnt Breakfast co-founder; Invested Impact CEO.
Meet the Team
- Michelle Geiss – Executive Director
- Pres Adams – Business & Operations Director
- Michelle Antoinette Nelson – Events & Operations Manager
- Christa Daring – Community Manager
Advisory Board (2017)
- Oswaldo Acosta – Latino Economic Development Center
- Erika Davies – Baltimore Community Foundation
- Rodney Foxworth – Invested Impact
- Jamie McDonald – Generocity
- Parag Khandhar – Gilmore Khandhar, LLC
- Jess Solomon – Robert W. Deutsch Foundation
- Dan Taylor – Baltimore Development Corporation
- Danielle Torain – Frontline Solutions
Project Development Support
Impact Hub Baltimore would not be here today if it weren’t for a lot of incredible people contributing their time, energy, and ideas. Here are some key collaborators we want to acknowledge for their essential contributions during our early days:
- Elaine Asal and Dana Verbosh (Gensler) – Space Design & Community Engagement
- Jermaine Bell – Program Development, Social Media & Graphic Design
- Scott Burkholder – Incubator Program Prototyping
- Bryan Connor – User Experience & Systems Design
- Ami Dang – Customer Relations Management & Fundraising
- Andrew Hazlett – Member Recruitment & Operations
- Lindsey Henley – Communications & Member Engagement
- Oreoluwa Oladunni – Systems & Technology Development
- Kate Purcell – Brand Management & Graphic Design
- Project Advisory Committee (2014 to 2016) – Jamie McDonald, Ted Rouse, Danielle Torain, Olga Maltseva Brillman, Jen Goold, Omar Muhammed, Darius Graham, Sally Boulter, Kelly Keenan Trumpbour, Mike Brenner, Gayle Carney, Jeff Cherry, Alison Lambert, Marcia Hart, Mike Subelsky, Michael Cross-Barnet