Impact Hub Baltimore hosts and stewards a responsive, accessible, and mission-driven community of companies and organizations driving social impact. Members and non-members alike see Impact Hub as their home base and recommend it to their networks as a resource for entrepreneurial, equitable, and innovative change making. In support of our vibrant community, Impact Hub Baltimore operates a coworking and event space at our centrally-located location on North Ave.
The Operations Coordinator will support the administration and operation of 3 business units: offices, coworking memberships, and event space rentals. Our community members and our core staff get vital daily support from this position. The Operations Coordinator will provide excellent customer service, maintain and update information in online member management systems, respond to member questions, respond to membership inquiries, manage inventory for supplies, and support other daily operations as needed.
The Operations Coordinator ensures that Impact Hub Baltimore is a friendly, reliable, and inspiring place to work. You will help to create a welcoming, connected, and supportive atmosphere for our diverse and vibrant community.
- Provide quality member experience
- Foster community culture in and around Impact Hub Baltimore
- Onboard and orient new members
- Manage tech systems related to membership management (CoBot, Kisi, Greetly)
- Data entry and monthly tracking for membership indicators
- Respond to membership sign ups and meeting room requests
- Manage membership billing and collections
- Staff front desk during operating hours, as needed
- Respond to phone calls and emails
- Maintain supplies for staff and members
- Coordinate with Community Coordinators and event staff for additional support, as needed
- Proactively respond to member requests. Troubleshoot as needed.
- Provide support on special projects related to membership & outreach, as needed
- Reports to Operations Manager
- Manage the events lead conversion process
- Connect Membership with 24/7 coworking access, mailbox and member benefits
- Ability to host your own events and workshops at Impact Hub (2 hours/mo)
- Ability to sponsor community events at Impact Hub, in line with systems and guidelines
- Ability to propose events and workshops in partnership with Impact Hub
- Strategic support from team on mission-aligned ideas and initiatives
- Connections to an inspiring, committed, and values-driven community
- Great customer service and communication
- Exceptional multitasking. Ability to balance immediate and long-term tasks in a busy and fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Clear, positive, and professional communicator
- Flexible, humble, and open to learn new skills
- Confident with technology and basic platform management
- Willing to learn basic financial management, analysis, and sales
- Entrepreneurial attitude. No problem is too big or too small to tackle.
- Collaborative attitude with enthusiasm for working with diverse stakeholders.
- Interest in learning about social enterprise and mission-driven business development
- Passion for supporting Baltimore’s grassroots, creative, and small business community
- Innovative in developing solutions. Willingness to take on tasks outside of job description
- Prior experience in hospitality, customer service, events, or operations encouraged
- Knowledge of the Impact Hub community preferred
About Impact Hub
Impact Hub Baltimore is committed to building an innovative local economy that advances equity and addresses the city’s complex challenges. We value the perspective of all Baltimore residents, regardless of their position or role. And we believe that people living closest to the challenges of the city are also closest to the solutions. Both our coworking space and our programming are centered around a community of people working to advance justice and build civic wealth. We invite everyone to contribute their unique voice and skills to the complex issues we see around us every day.
We are a nonprofit social enterprise earning 50% of our annual budget through coworking memberships, office leasing, and event bookings. We serve 400+ community leaders and social entrepreneurs every year through our memberships alone. Earned revenue sustains our core operations and a portion of our staff time. This means that our vibrant community of members and partners serve as the primary source of funding and support for our work. We maintain a welcoming and accessible environment where each person who comes through our doors is considered family. Our team is committed, collaborative, and creative. Our culture is driven by our vision of creating economic opportunity and advancing gender and racial equity in the city of Baltimore.
This role builds on a strong foundation of systems and practices. We support a healthy, growing community of social innovators leading transformative work. Our team leads the field in advancing equity and economic opportunity through community-building and values-driven space. Our work environment is inspiring, dynamic, and full of opportunities for learning and creative problem-solving. You will be connected to a global Impact Hub network, a collaborative partner network, and a growing field of enterprise development. Together, we are creating a more just and innovative local economy for every resident to thrive.
This has been envisioned as a part-time hourly position (20 hours/week) with a rate of $20/hr. Ideal candidates could start in early October 2022. Position reports to the Operations Manager. Successful hires will have opportunities for advancement based on performance.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter with the job title in the subject line to:
Nacoya Villegas – [email protected]