Impact Hub Baltimore serves as a critical resource for early stage social entrepreneurs and grassroots leaders. Our team supports a large, diverse community of small businesses, social entrepreneurs, and creatives. Expanding economic access, equity, and opportunity is core to our mission. We provide direct support to entrepreneurs; build supportive networks and resources; and advocate for systems change to meet the needs of underinvested communities. In support of our vibrant community, Impact Hub offers innovative programming and operates a coworking and event space on North Ave.
The Empower Program Coordinator will support a new and ambitious program to get 500+ small business owners online. This position will coordinate partner engagement, participant recruitment, and program delivery. The Program Coordinator will develop and manage systems to ensure a high quality and impactful experience for program participants and partners.
The Empower Program is being developed and deployed in close partnership with GoDaddy. Their national team will provide virtual training platforms, event platforms, and coaches to support website development. Impact Hub Baltimore and its local partners will lead on program coordination, design, and delivery. The program will support social and creative entrepreneurs; BIPOC, immigrant & women-owned businesses; and neighborhood-based businesses to build their online presence.
- Create and manage recruitment systems
- Coordinate participant selection process
- Communicate with program participants
- Organize equipment and Digital Access Lab resources
- Create and manage tracking systems for program data
- Support program learning sessions and labs
- Coordinate with program outreach with neighborhood partners
- Coordinate with staff and partners for neighborhood events
- Support planning, logistics, and execution of virtual Summits
- Manage coalition meetings and follow-ups
- Coordinate with other Impact Hub programs and events
- Align program with Impact Hub calendar and communication channels
- Proactively respond to participant requests. Troubleshoot as needed.
- Provide additional administrative support, as needed
- Provide support to Impact Hub operations team, as needed
- Reports to Empower Program Director
- Great customer service and communication
- Exceptional multitasking.
- Ability to balance immediate and long-term tasks with an ambitious timeline.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Clear, positive, and professional communicator
- Flexible, humble, and open to learn new skills
- Confident with technology and basic website development
- Willing to learn basic program and budget management
- Entrepreneurial attitude. No problem is too big or too small to tackle.
- Collaborative attitude with enthusiasm for working with diverse stakeholders.
- Interest in learning about social enterprise and small business development
- Passion for supporting Baltimore’s grassroots, creative, and small business community
- Innovative in developing solutions. Willingness to take on tasks outside of job description
- Prior experience in web development, systems, events, and/or program management a plus
About Impact Hub
Impact Hub Baltimore is committed to building an innovative local economy that advances equity and addresses the city’s complex challenges. We value the perspective of all Baltimore residents, regardless of their position or role. And we believe that people living closest to the challenges of the city are also closest to the solutions. Both our coworking space and our programming are centered around a community of people working to advance justice and build civic wealth. We invite everyone to contribute their unique voice and skills to the complex issues we see around us every day.
We are a nonprofit social enterprise earning 50% of our annual budget through coworking memberships, office leasing, and event bookings. We serve 400+ community leaders and social entrepreneurs every year through our memberships alone. Earned revenue sustains our core operations and a portion of our staff time. This means that our vibrant community of members and partners serve as the primary source of funding and support for our work. We maintain a welcoming and accessible environment where each person who comes through our doors is considered family. Our team is committed, collaborative, and creative. Our culture is driven by our vision of creating economic opportunity and advancing gender and racial equity in the city of Baltimore.
This role builds on a strong foundation of systems and practices. We support a healthy, growing community of social innovators leading transformative work. Our team leads the field in advancing equity and economic opportunity through community-building and values-driven space. Our work environment is inspiring, dynamic, and full of opportunities for learning and creative problem-solving. You will be connected to a global Impact Hub network, a collaborative partner network, and a growing field of enterprise development. Together, we are creating a more just and innovative local economy for every resident to thrive.
This is a full-time position (40 hours/week). Ideal candidates could start in early August 2021. The position reports to the Program Director, and offers a salary of $38,000 to $40,000 with benefits.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter with the job title in the subject line to:
Eric Lin – [email protected]