The Director of Acceleration and Navigation at Impact Hub Baltimore designs and delivers accelerator programs, coaches members, and manages engagement with investors, mentors, consultants, and entrepreneurial support partners. An ideal candidate brings a passion for coaching mission-driven entrepreneurs, a creative approach to resource development, and a commitment to advancing equity and economic opportunity in Baltimore.
This position is for a seasoned leader with a passion for developing social enterprises and coaching early-stage entrepreneurs. They should be highly organized, and capable of managing a complex and dynamic landscape of diverse stakeholders. This person will lead on strategy and program development for all acceleration and navigation resources offered by Impact Hub Baltimore.
- Drive strategy for acceleration and resource navigation offerings at Impact Hub
- Design and deliver acceleration programming for social enterprise
- Conduct coaching sessions with program participants and members
- Create tools for resource navigation for early stage social enterprises
- Create data management systems for resource navigation
- Engage investors and key partners supporting entrepreneurs
- Build relationships with local and national partners developing ecosystem
- Support Executive Director to develop program concepts and grant proposals
- Manage deliverables for entrepreneurial support grants
- Experience in early stage business development
- Passion for coaching and developing social entrepreneurs
- Talent for managing systems, strategies, and long-term projects
- Decisive. Capable of setting and managing strategic priorities.
- Clear, positive, professional communicator
- Collaborative, entrepreneurial mindset
- Creative problem-solver
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to learn new skills and adapt to new information
- Ability to manage complexity in a dynamic work environment
- Experience with start-ups, social enterprises, and entrepreneurial ecosystems
- Knowledge of the Baltimore entrepreneurial landscape and resources for small business owners and social innovators.
- Experience grant writing, grant management, and budget development
- Experience with collective impact, collective learning, or collaborative strategy development
- Skills building and managing relationship management systems
- Adept at strategy development and execution
- Ability to develop innovative programming
About Impact Hub
Impact Hub Baltimore is committed to building an innovative local economy that advances equity and addresses the city’s complex challenges. We value the perspective of all Baltimore residents, regardless of their position or role. And we believe that people living closest to the challenges of the city are also closest to the solutions. Both our coworking space and our programming are centered around a community of people working to improve the city. We invite everyone to contribute their unique voice and skills to the complex issues we see around us every day.
We are a nonprofit social enterprise earning 60% of our annual budget through coworking memberships, office leasing, and event bookings. We serve 400+ community leaders and social entrepreneurs every year through our memberships alone. Earned revenue sustains 100% of our core operations and a portion of our staff time. Our vibrant community of members and partners serve as the primary source of funding and support for our work. We maintain a welcoming, and accessible environment where each person who comes through our doors is considered family. Our team is committed, collaborative, and creative. Our culture is driven by our vision of creating economic opportunity and advancing gender and racial equity in the city of Baltimore.
You will be joining Impact Hub at an exciting time. This role builds on a strong foundation of systems and practices, with room for your vision to influence the next phase of our growth. We support a healthy, growing community of social innovators leading transformative work. Our team leads the field in advancing equity and economic opportunity through community-building and values-driven space. Our work environment is inspiring, dynamic, and full of opportunities for learning and creative problem-solving. You will be connected to a global Impact Hub network, a collaborative partner network, and a growing field of enterprise development. Together, we are creating a more just and innovative local economy for every resident to thrive.
This position reports to the Executive Director, and works closely with all members of the core team. This person will work for Impact Hub 4 days per week (32 hours/week) with benefits.
Contractual work with other partners must be cleared in advance to coordinate timelines and balance priorities. As the primary employer, Impact Hub strategic priorities and programs must be prioritized.
Ideal start date for full-time position is November 2020.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to:
Michelle Geiss – email@example.com